Here comes another new recipe!! I walked in the door after work and my kitchen smelled like HEAVEN. Heaven, I tell you!! And doesn’t it look good, too? The whole family loved this one… I will tell you, my husband did add some Flavor God Dynamite Seasoning to the mix and they turned out wonderfully 🙂 This is another recipe from the new 21 Day Fix approved cookbook: Fixate. It’s an awesome cookbook… I mean, there are fix-approved cocktails and desserts in there!! Here’s our review…. plus a bonus, a little tip about stopping yourself from mindless snacking.
Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
SERVES: 4 (2 fajitas each)
Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 18 min.
- 1 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Peppers, (cut into strips)
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw extra-lean beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warm
- 4 Tbsp. reduced fat (2%) plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.