Introducing my latest obsession… Homemade Garlic Tahini Dressing.
For ages I have resisted making my own dressing. I had it worked up in my mind that it was a difficult undertaking (I have no idea why). So I spent my time researching and buying clean salad dressings (Tessemae’s and Primal Kitchen are my two faves).
Then, one day on a whim, I decided to buy some tahini. Then I started researching what I could make with it. Enter this dressing. OH MY GOSH. I drizzle it on just about anything I can think of – Scrambled eggs. Roasted veggies. Salads. It. Is. So. Good.
This is a mash up of a few different recipes I found while on my hunt. I love the lemony peppery flavor balanced with the nuttiness of the tahini. Plus, it’s super easy to whip up in my ninja blender cup.
Try it! And let me know if you like it!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Throw all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Let the dressing sit for about 10 minutes before eating, to allow the flavors to mix together.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If your dressing comes out thicker than you'd like, just add a little more water and blend again!!